- Open the file that you want to convert
- File > Utilities > Export > Lists to IIF Files (choose the lists you would like to keep)
- File > New Company File from Existing Company File
- Enter a new name for the file copy
- Once the new copy is open, File> Utilities > Import > IIF Files
Now you have a beautiful empty file that mirrors the way you want your QBO file to be setup. You can clear out any inactive names or items that you want removed and revise any account structuring. This is where you would make changes to the COA or Customer:Job hierarchy that you may not have been able to modify in the original file because or links to historical transactions.
Follow the import instructions in QBO to import the QBD file. Importing your file this way will save you time formatting CSV's to match the address and account formatting requirements for importing new lists in QBO.
Please note that our walkthroughs assume QuickBooks knowledge on an advisor level and are not intended to be a step-by-step for new users.
Contact us with any questions that you may have
about how you can get running in the cloud!